Web Designer Interview Questions 2018
- Program test and debug all web applications
- Design, develop, test and deploy web applications
- Uploading sites onto the server and registering it with different search engines
- Coordinate with other designers and programmers to develop web projects
- Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- In case of a system, failure initiate periodic testing and implement contingency plans
- Develop appropriate code structures to solve specific tasks
- Support and assist in the upkeep and maintenance of websites
Cross-origin resource sharing is a mechanism that enables many resources on a web page to be requested from another domain outside the domain from which the resource originated. It is a mechanism supported in HTML5 that manages XMLHttp Requested access to the domain different.
The ETag or entity tag is part of HTTP, the protocol for the World Wide Web.
It is one of several mechanisms that HTTP provides for web cache validation, which allows a client to make conditional requests. …
An ETag is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
Long polling is a web application development pattern used to emulate pushing data from the server to the client. When the long polling is used, the client sends a request to the server, and the connection remains intact until the server is ready to send data to the client. The connection will be closed only after the data is sent back to the client or connection timeout occurs.
sessionStorage, localStorage, and Cookies all are used to store data on the client side. Each one has its own storage and expiration limit. sessionStorage: similar to local storage but expires when the browser closed (not the tab). Cookie: stores data that has to be sent back to the server with subsequent requests.
- It’s best to ease your developer candidate into the interview gently.
- Their response will also give you an early indication of their ambitions and perceived view of success and way of working.
- For example, did they mention other team members during their answer, or just focus on their own efforts
Hard coding. Hard coding (also hard–coding or hardcoding) is the software development practice of embedding data directly into the source code of a program or other executable object, as opposed to obtaining the data from external sources or generating it at run-time.
- You may be looking for a problem solver, brilliant communicator, or someone with a willingness to learn.
- Ask them to give examples of how they can demonstrate this skill, and use this to determine whether or not this fits what you are looking for. Depending on the nature of the job, you may prioritize certain soft skills over others.
- For example, time management and communication skills may be more valuable if you’re looking for a freelance web developer as opposed to an on-side developer since freelancers typically work remotely.
- Here the other important soft skills for freelance developers.
It usually depends on how the site is laid out. However, in most cases combining the stylesheets into single a one is the best approach. You can use Gulp to do so.
This question is not about checking if you are perfect for the same environment as the organisation works but to measure if you are flexible to work in any environment. So, give them a hint that you are able to adapt to any environment with the core skills that you have.
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence