Web Designer Interview Questions 2018
HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. Developed by scientist Tim Berners-Lee in 1990, HTML is the “hidden” code that helps us communicate with others on the World Wide Web (WWW). When writing HTML, you add “tags” to the text in order to create the structure.
CSS is the language for describing the presentation of Web pages, including colors, layout, and fonts. It allows one to adapt the presentation to different types of devices, such as large screens, small screens, or printers. CSS is independent of HTML and can be used with any XML-based markup language.
Document type declaration <!doctype> is an instruction given to the browser to intimate about the HTML version. It is not case sensitive and is usually written at the beginning before the <html> tag, and it does not require end tag. It is important in the old versions of HTML, whereas for HTML5 is not mandatory to declare it in the beginning.
- HTML5 is the latest version of HTML.
- It has got some new features like audio/mp3, video, date select function, canvas, placeholder, 2D/3D graphics, local SQL database which do not require an external plugin.
- HTML – HyperText Markup Language for Base template
- CSS – Cascading Style Sheet for Styling
- PHP – Personal Home Page for Server-side scripting
- Minimize HTTP requests
- Choose the right hosting option for your needs
- Reduce image sizes
- Reduce the number of plugins you use on your site
- Use a CDN
- Minify and combine files
- Reduce server response time
- Enable browser caching
- Reduce redirects
- Optimize CSS delivery
- Run a compression audit
- Program test and debug all web applications
- Design, develop, test and deploy web applications
- Uploading sites onto the server and registering it with different search engines
- Coordinate with other designers and programmers to develop web projects
- Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- In case of a system, failure initiate periodic testing and implement contingency plans
- Develop appropriate code structures to solve specific tasks
- Support and assist in the upkeep and maintenance of websites
- Assume ownership of code throughout staging, development, testing and production
The advantage of HTTP/2 compared to HTTP/1.1 is
- FASTER Web Page Loading Speeds (Up to 2x)
- Mobile-Friendlier Sites
- Better Security
- Compatible with HTTP/1.1
The new form elements introduced in HTML5 are:
- <datalist> – Specifies a list of options for input controls.
- <keygen> – Generates an encryption key.
- <output> – Defines the result of an expression.
Following HTML5 elements supports media content.
- <audio> –It specifies sound content.
- <video> –It links to a video.
- <source> –This tag specified the source of video and audio links.
- <embed> –It acts as a container for external applications.
- <track> –This element defines tracks for video and audio.
Differences Between SVG and Canvas. SVG is a language for describing 2D graphics in XML.
SVG is XML based, which means that every element is available within the SVG DOM.
The <canvas> element can only contain graphics.
It supports a no. of methods for drawing paths, boxes, circles, text, and images.
What Is Its Default Border Size?
By default, It has no border. However, it allows using CSS to change the border style.
Here are a few points elaborating the differences between Canvas and SVG.
- Canvas depends on the resolution whereas SVG doesn’t.
- Canvas does not allow event handlers whereas SVG does provide the support for event handlers.
- Canvas is ideal for graphic-intensive games whereas SVG doesn’t intend for gaming.
- It works well for small rendering areas whereas SVG may perform better for large rendering areas like Google map.
- XHTML requires that all tags should be in lowercase
- XHTML requires that all tags should be closed properly
- XHTML requires that all attributes are enclosed in double quotes
- XHTML forbids inline elements from containing block level elements
HTML 5 comes with number of new APIs
- Media API
- Text track API
- Application Cache API
- Data transfer API
- User Interaction
- Command API
- Constraint Validation API
- History API
Apart from that, you should be able to have at least some working knowledge of some of the other technologies like popular frameworks, APIs and database management.
- The <localStorage> object doesn’t have an expiry for the stored data whereas the <sessionStorage> object keeps it only for a single session.
- The <localStorage> object doesn’t have a provision to delete the data upon closing of browser window whereas the <sessionStorage> object clears it simultaneously with the window closing down.
ID selector finds and modifies the style to any single element while
Class selector can do to any number of elements.
null is a special value meaning “no value“.
a null is a special object because of the type of null returns ‘object’.
On the other hand, undefined means that the variable has not been declared, or has not been given a value.
Static, relative, absolute, fixed, inherit are the five possible values for “position”.